The East Fife Sports Council is a local, independent organisation dedicated to the development and promotion of all sports within the wards of Tay Bridgehead, St Andrews, East Neuk & Landward (incl Lundin Links), Cupar, Ceres & Springfield and Howe of Fife & Tay coast.
EFSC enjoys the support of Fife Council and is managed by volunteers from the local sporting community, who bring with them a wide range of knowledge, skills and expertise. Clubs with existing appropriate governance (constitution, elected committee, governing body affiliation, ClubFife membership) are invited to become members, while help is offered to clubs needing help in developing governance.
Membership provides clubs with a range of benefits:
- Grant Aid & Assistance funding for club development up to £500 and community development projects up to £2000, where the EFSC grant criteria is met. (Note funding for training of coaches etc is offered by Fife Council and Sportscotland.) Support and advice on funding available to local sports clubs and individual athletes, help for members to find the most appropriate source of funding and with the application process.
- Club Development practical assistance in growing membership and guidance with governance, marketing and publicity and more.
- Training subsidised courses offered in child wellbeing & protection in sport, First Aid and more.
- Annual Awards Ceremony recognising and celebrating sport and physical activity in our community each March (for previous year Jan to Dec), members are invited to nominate between Nov to Jan in advance of the awards.
- Information & Representation regular promotion of member clubs, helping with links to schools and local community hubs. Member clubs represented on Sports Council Executive Committee by elected members from sporting groups – with views heard and actions proposed appropriate to your area, sport or individual club.
- Partnerships working collaboratively to link and showcase local sports clubs to schools (Young People’s Panel) and the general public.
- Competition member clubs can participate in inter-sports council events organised by our umbrella body, Scottish Club Sport.