POSTPONED, TO CONFIRM THIS EVENT WILL NOT GO AHEAD
WE HOPE TO RESCHEDULE TO WED 17 JUNE 2020 SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND ONGOING RECOMMENDATIONS
Wednesday 18th March 2020 at the Corn Exchange, Cupar
The East Fife Sports Council exists to promote and develop amateur sport at all levels within the East Fife area. Each year we celebrate the achievements of sports people of all ages from our area who have excelled in a wide range of sports at local, national and international level, together with their clubs, coaches and volunteers.
The 2020 Awards Ceremony recognises the achievements of sports people in our community during the year to 31st December 2019. Clubs or individuals are invited to make nominations for these awards. These should be submitted on the form below to reach the secretary no later than 20th January 2020.
Nominations are now closed.
MAKE AN ONLINE NOMINATION HERE
DOWNLOAD A NOMINATION FORM HERE
Junior Award – Ewan Wilson
Youth Award – Lyle Robertson
Senior Award – Lesley Doig
Masters Award – Tony Martin
Achiever of the Year Award – Keir Davidson
Award for Athlete with a Disability – Sam Fernando
Coach of the Year Award – Duncan Donald
Services to Schools Award – Gilbert Valentine
Youth Volunteer Award – Laura Nicol
Team of the Year Award – Falkland Cricket Club 1st XI
Services to Sport Award – Robbie Nellies
With thanks to our Principal Sponsor EQ Accountants
- Junior Award (under 16 as at 31.12.2019) – recognising the sporting achievement of an individual in this age group.
Kindly sponsored by Thorntons
- Youth Award (age 16–20 inclusive as at 31.12.2019) – recognising the sporting achievement of an individual in this age group.
Kindly sponsored by St Andrews Rotary Club
- Senior Award (age 21 and over as at 31.12.2019) – recognising the sporting achievement of an individual in this age group.
Kindly sponsored by Galbraith
- Masters Award (aged 50 and over as at 31.12.2019) – recognising an individual who has demonstrated a high level of performance or success throughout the year in this age group.
Kindly sponsored by The Royal Burgh of St Andrews Community Council
- Achiever of the Year Award – recognising an individual or team, through hard work, dedication and determination has made significant progress in their sport.
Kindly sponsored by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards
- The Award for an Athlete with a Disability – recognising the sporting achievement of a disabled athlete.
Kindly sponsored by Kettle Produce
- Coach of the Year Award – awarded to an individual who is committed to providing the highest standard of coaching, whether it’s with individuals or teams and at any participation level.
Kindly sponsored by Fishers
- Services to Schools Award – marking the dedication, commitment and voluntary service to sport in schools of an individual.
Kindly sponsored by Active Schools
- Youth Volunteer Award – acknowledging outstanding volunteer support to extra-curricular activities while still in full-time education.
Kindly sponsored by SRUC Elmwood College
- The Club Award – awarded to the club that has made a significant impact on the development of its sport. Open to all sectors of the community.
Kindly sponsored by Howe of Fife Rotary Club
- The Team Award – awarded for the best team achievement. There is no age barrier and the team need not necessarily have achieved a major success, as enthusiasm and consistency will also be considered.
Kindly sponsored by Fyfe McDonald Solicitors
- East Fife Services to Sport Award – awarded to an individual, (Administrator, Coach or Official) for their voluntary contribution to local sport over a lengthy period of time. The individual must be associated with a sport, activity or voluntary organisation recognised by Sport Scotland.
Kindly sponsored by Scottish ClubSport
All nominees for categories 1–7 must be a member of a club within the East Fife Sports Council area or reside within the area. Teams nominated for categories 10 and 11 must represent a club affiliated to East Fife Sports Council.
Award winners will be chosen by the Awards Committee of the East Fife Sports Council whose decision shall be final, they also reserve the right to move nominations between categories at their discretion. Further details are available from the Sports Council Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programme of Events
MC – Richard Brickley MBE
7pm Buffet Reception
Catered by The Sunshine Kitchen and kindly sponsored by Sharp IT Solutions
7.30pm Welcome by EFSC Chair Rona McCraw
7.40pm Provost of Fife Cllr J Leishman MBE
7.50pm Club Spotlight by Active Schools
Kindly sponsored by Cupar Rotary Club
8pm Presentation of Awards
8.45pm Keynote Speaker – Nony Mordi
Kindly sponsored by T&N Gilmartin
9.15pm Vote of Thanks by Cllr. Margaret Kennedy
Previous Award Winners
Junior (under 16) Award
- 2013 Emma McLachlan (Archery)
- 2014 Isabel Lindsay (Equestrian)
- 2015 Tristan Rees (Athletics)
- 2016 Jordan Colley (Sailing)
- 2017 Anna Hedley (Athletics)
- 2018 Anna Hedley (Athletics)
Youth (16 – 20) Award
- 2013 Lauren Whyte (Golf)
- 2014 Alastair Nimmo (Bowling)
- 2015 Ailsa Cruikshanks (Athletics)
- 2016 Alastair Nimmo (Bowling)
- 2017 Tristan Rees (Athletics)
- 2018 Nicloa Howat (Rugby)
Senior (21 – 49) Award
- 2013 Chris Mason (Rugby)
- 2014 Janet McLean (Swimming)
- 2015 Janet McLean (Swimming)
- 2016 Derek Rae (Athletics)
- 2017 Lesley Doig (Bowling)
- 2018 Connor Syme (Golf)
Masters (50+) Award
- 2013 Bob Mowat (Cricket)
- 2014 Bob Dick (Bowling)
- 2015 Hazel Bradley (Athletics)
- 2016 Tony Martin (Running)
- 2017 Graham Lindsay (Curling)
- 2018 David McQueen (Curling)
Achiever of the Year Award
- 2013 Logan Rees (Athletics)
- 2014 Chris Fusaro (Rugby)
- 2015 Alastair Nimmo (Bowling)
- 2016 Alastair Nimmo (Bowling)
- 2017 Lyle Robertson (Cricket)
- 2018 Derek Rae (Marathon)
Award for Athlete with a Disability
- 2013 Stefan Hoggan (Swimming)
- 2014 Michael Simpson (Bowling)
- 2015 Derek Rae (Athletics)
- 2016 Michael Simpson (Bowling)
- 2017 Oliver Carter (Swimming)
- 2018 Oliver Carter (Swimming)
Coach of the Year Award
- 2013 Andy Meekison (Bowling)
- 2014 Bob Dick (Bowling)
- 2015 Dave Francis (DSF)
- 2016 Anderson & Manson (Rugby)
- 2017 Lewis Hann (Badminton)
- 2018 Sharon Hedley & Mark Keracher (Swimming)
Services to Schools Award
- 2013 Robbie Nellies (Cricket)
- 2014 John Wishart (Swimming)
- 2015 Ian Docherty (Athletics)
- 2016 Gina Logan (Swimming)
- 2017 Julie Frankl (Sailing)
- 2018 Kimberley Braid (Waid Academy)
Youth Volunteer Award
- 2017 Maxine Graham (Karate)
- 2018 Lucy Phillips (Gymnastics)
Team of the Year Award
- 2013 Howe of Fife 1st XV
- 2014 Fife AC Under 15 Boys CC
- 2015 Fife AC Under 15 Boys CC
- 2016 Fife AC Senior Womens Team
- 2017 Freuchie Cricket Club 1st XI
- 2018 Fife AC Senior Women’s Team
East Fife Services to Sport Award
- 2017 Karen Milne (Castlehill Primary School)
- 2018 George Findlay (Athletics)